Each Halloween we try to carve pumpkins with the kids. They each get to pick there own and what they want carved on the front of it. This was the first year all my kids were willing to clean out their own pumpkins, which I was really surprised by because I didn't think that Elly would do it but she did. We had to take their shirts off because they were getting junk all over on the sleeves.
Mason fell asleep while Tyler and Elly were doing their pumpkins so he did his after they were done. I was surprised that I was able to get all the pumpkins carved in less then an hour and a half. We ended up doing these the last day we were home until after Halloween, but Jay was there to light them for the kids.
I think the kids pumpkins all turned out really cute and they were pretty easy to do this year. They each picked their pumpkin and what would be on it.
The next day we had sometime to make sugar cookies, frost and sprinkle them before we had to leave. We didn't have time to take them around to the people that we usually do, but we did get them to a couple of the people. This is the other fun thing I like to do with my kids at Halloween. They like to cut out the cookies and put the sprinkles on. I end up having to frost most of the cookies because doing the sprinkles is a lot more fun.
Our finished cookies.

0 comments:
Post a Comment