First Day of School!

It seems like this might be a good time to start back up doing my blog, at least then I have something written down. 
So the kids are headed out the door for the first day of school. 
Drake is going in to First grade!  He has been so excited to go the full day, mostly so he can take a lunch.  His teacher this year is Ms Lee.  Both the boys have had her as a teacher and really liked her so it should be a great year.
Elly will be in the third grade.  She has Mrs. Tuttle for everything but one class and Mrs. Jones will teach that.

Mason is going into 6th grade.  This year they have moved the 6th grade to the junior high and changed it to a middle school.  His class will be the first group to go through the whole middle school.  Mason is excited for this change.  He is glad they get to have PE all year which should help since they don't get recess anymore.  He has to ride the bus to and from school so everything is different for him this year.  It should be interesting to see how it goes. 
Tyler is going in to 8th grade this year.  Since they are a middle school now instead of a junior high he is now the oldest at the school.  He is pretty excited about that and so am I.  I'm sad that this is his last year before high school because that means he is growing up to fast.  He is doing football again this year and is loving it.  I'm curious to see how it really goes.  Tyler is now taller than me and so excited about it.
So here are my school kids on the first day of school so excited to be headed out the door.  They look so cute and happy!
The kids each showing what grade they are going into.
Elly and Drake get to ride their bikes to school with all the neighborhood kids.  We are missing a couple in the picture the first day of school but they are called "the biker gang."
Drake at his desk the first day of school.  He is excited and ready to learn.
Elly in her desk the first day of school.  She is excited to be back at school.
So now the kids are gone and its just the two of us all day long.  The first day we were both so tired because Kenyan is the WORST sleeper at night. The second day we started having fun together.  We have done a bike ride, walk, rode the scooter, swung in the swing, mowed the lawn and ate popsicles together.  Its also been nice when he naps to get a few things done that I am way behind on.
Mostly I'm just having fun with the craziest, wildest and funniest kid.  He jabbers all day at me like I understand him when I really have no idea what he is talking about most of the time, hopefully he starts talking for real soon.  He makes me laugh! He is the most stubborn kid I've ever had so I'm hoping I survive that.
For now we are just hanging out, having fun and seeing how it goes.

0 comments: