Family ski day and Tattons first time!

We were all so excited when Dad finally said he would go skiing with us.  So I bought tickets for all of us to Eagle Point before he could change his mind.  Tyler and Mason skied together all day.  They came past us once I think.  Elly and Drake skied together all day.  They started the day with us and then would be gone for a bit somewhere else and then ski with us for a minute to check out how Tatton was doing and then they would be gone again.  Jay and Kenyan skied together all day and were on the same runs as Tatton and me so we saw them a lot.  

I tried to get pictures of the kids as they came past so I would have some.

Tattons first run down the hill was kind of rough.  If I told him to turn he would just sit down and stop.  Then when I would get him up and tell him to go he would tell me "Stuck mom, really stuck." Even though he didn't even try to move his feet to get going.  He cried a couple times because I was frustrated with him not listening to me. So the first run was rough.  Once we finally got on the lift he was happy and loving it again.  I think the lift was the highlight for him.

Each run he got better and better and started liking it more.

Elly and Drake came by one time and so I had them ski in front of him to show him how to do it so I could stay behind and help him when he needed it.  He did so good when he could just follow them.  but they only lasted half the run before they wanted to leave.



Tatton feel asleep on the lift twice.  The first time I just picked him up and carried him off and then he woke up and skied down the hill.  The second time we decided to go to the car and get lunch.  Jay and the other kids were there eating, other than Tyler and Mason.  So we grabbed something to eat and then headed back to ski.  I grabbed a picture of us before Elly and Drake took off.  This time I grab a harness for Tatton.  He did really good with that on.  I could tug on one side and tell him to turn that way and he would and keep him from going to fast like he wanted to do.    



By the end of the day when it was time to go we finally saw Tyler and Mason again.  Our phones were all dead by then so we had to have some random person walking by take a picture of us and send it to us so we could have one with all of us.  We had the best day!  We heard lots of funny stories of all their crashes and major air all the way off the mountain.  

We never eat in Beaver after because the kids are all passed out by the time we get there so we go on to Richfield and eat Costa Vida with a quick stop first to grab KFC and tacos for the younger kids.






Then back on the road for home and the kids pass out again.  The kids kept saying how much fun they had.  It was fun to get to go ski together as a family and all of us get to go.  

0 comments: