A few days away!

The last weekend in June we went with Jay to work for a couple of days.  We stayed at the hotel and let the kids swim.  While he was at work the kids played in the hills behind the hotel one day, another day I took the kids to the park.  Tyler played on the swing the whole time we were there.
 Mason played on everything.
 As you can tell the slide really shoots the kids off it.
 He had to help Elly go down this slide because she was scared of it.  It was a pretty fast and steep slide.


 Mason getting bucked off of Clifford.
 Tyler swinging
 Mason swinging
 Elly swinging


 Tyler felt sick after swinging for so long.  He had to lay down in the back of the car for a while until he felt better.
 When Jay was done with work one day we took the kids on a hike.  The boys had been begging to go hiking (crazy I know).  We found one that we thought we could do before it got dark.
We did the chimney rock hike.  Before we even headed up the trail Elly was already crying because she stood on a pile of red ants and they were climbing up her legs and biting her.  Once we got her taken care of we were headed out for the hike. Mason was in the front the whole time.  I couldn't even see him most of the time since I was with Elly.  After less then half a mile she started to say, "My legs are killing me," "I want to go home" and "carry me mom."  I ended up having to carry her for the hardest part of the hike.  At one point when she was walking I was able to get her to run for a minute when we saw a bunch of ants.  She thought they were going to get her.

 When we got up on top it was the perfect time to see a pretty sunset.

 She made it almost to the top.  She talked the whole way.  If she walked as fast as she talked she would have been in the lead and not Mason.
 The boys finally waited for Elly and me at the top because I had the water and they needed a drink.
 Jay carried Drake for most of the hike.  By the end I had Drake because I was tired of carrying Elly.


 I thought this was just a cool picture.  I wanted just the three kids in it but when I took Elly up Jay just had me stay with them.  I should send it to AT&T for their more bars in more places commercials.
We had a great weekend down there and celebrated Jay's 34th birthday while we were there.

0 comments: