Dancing in the rain

I wish I had a picture to go with this post because I know that we looked pretty funny, but I didn't.
We finally got rain yesturday so all activities had to come indoors. I have had a talk to write all week and can never find the time because everytime that I sit down to do it one of my kids will come up with the cutest face and ask me to play ball with them or ride bikes with them, play a game. This happens often at my home but not all the time. I just felt guilty every time they would ask because I felt they were more important then this talk. So I keep getting taken away from just getting it done. So yesturday I finally got Mason down and thought I would hurry and do it while he was sleeping. As soon as I sat down Elly woke-up which was fine because Jay was happy to take her and play. So I kept working on it, but then Tyler noticed that it was raining and wanted me to go with him to jump on the tramp in the rain. I told him I couldn't because I had to get this talk done. He was sad but went out to play in the rain. After he left I just couldn't help but feel bad because he won't stay little for long and he won't want to play with his mom for long. So finally I felt guilty and I wanted to be out there with him so off I went to be with him. His face was so happy when he saw me come out there. We jump for a while and then he said, "Mom lets hold hands and jump." He about made me cry on hte spot. I was glad I went out there and made a little memory with Tyler yesturday. The talk could wait until today when I finished, but playing in the rain couldn't.

1 comments:

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

Thank you for reminding me of one of the things I so often forget. What a wonderful mother you are!