Carving pumpkins became a family tradition for us while living in Ohio. We started to do it with our friends and have continued to do it since we moved. We still think of them everytime we do it. I was wishing they were her to help me now that I have three pumpkins to do and their children are older now.
We decided to do it one night when I didn't have enough time to do all three so I just did the two one night and Elly's the next. The boys each picked out their pattern and I carved them. It was fun to see if they were going to help me clean them out. Tyler was great at it he helped me clean them all out and stayed with me the whole time. Mason put his hand in one time so I could take a picture and that was all he wanted to do. Apparently it is really sick inside of the pumpkin.
I loved to do this with the kids and it is a great activity.
I didn't take on Elly's until a couple days later, but I did get it done in time. Tyler wanted me to do a hard one but I told him I was ready for an easy one, so Elly's said Trick or Treat.
Tyler is showing Elly how to clean it out. I was surprised that she didn't even want to put her hand in.

The finished product. Mason loved it when I would light the pumpkins because then he would go out and blow them out, then tell me that I needed to light them again.

0 comments:
Post a Comment