Sparklers

One of the best parts about the 4th of July is the fireworks and the sparklers, but if you have been to a good fireworks show before sometimes it doesn't seem worth watching the little ones, unless you have kids and love fireworks like I do.  My boys have been excited about the sparklers since they started seeing them in the store a couple of weeks ago.  It was fun to see how they get so excited and actually hurried to do what I asked so we could do them.  The boys love to find the ants on the sidewalk and burn them, I know how nice. 
Mason only started one thing on fire and that was some wrappers that were sitting on the ground.  It sure made Tyler nervous.
Elly was not very interested in them, she was actually more scared of them then anything.  When Jay set of some firecrackers she really didn't like that.  She hates loud noises.
While the kids were doing sparklers I was messing with the camera trying to see what I could do with it.  The kids loved having me take a picture and then come back to look and see how cool it was.  Tyler was trying to write is name but he wasn't fast enough, he only got the T.
This one of Mason kind of looks like he has horns.
I don't know how to make it so the kids look good too.
I even talked Jay into doing some for me so I could practice more.
This was funny to watch them all try and do it at the same time before one of their sparklers died.  The boys, including Jay had fun doing this.
This one is of Jay writting his name. 
Since I am always the one taking the pictures I had Jay take one of me that night with the kids. 
I love doing sparklers, it always reminds me of when I was a kid.  I remember trying to see if we could run all the way around the house before it died on us.  I remember wearing fussy bears, that was what we called the pj's with feet in them that zipped up for those that don't know what those are, while doing sparklers and how much fun it was because we always did that as a family for almost as many years as I can remember.  I remeber one year having a family visiting us while we were doing them and we were worried that one of the kids was going to start one of the cars how fire.  I laugh everytime I think about that night.  So sparklers have always been something that I love to do with my kids because of the good memories I had because of them as a kid.

0 comments: