Every year we head to my home town for the 24th of July Celebration. My kids love it as much as I did as a kid. They get to spend the whole day playing with their cousins. We start the morning off with the parade, which was the only thing I got pictures of.
We normally sit with all the cousins and relatives but this year we decided to sit in a spot where there weren't as many people so the kids could get candy without a ton of other people around them.
Waiting for the parade to start is very hard. I don't know how many times I get asked if it is starting yet.
The neatest part of the parade is getting to see Elder L. Tom Perry and his wife. This year Elder Perry was the speaker at the program which is after the parade.
Drake even got into picking up the candy off the street.
The kids were pretty cute waving at all the floats that go by.
The temple riders were putting the candy in the kids hands instead of throwing the candy at them.
This year Tyler wanted to ride a horse in the parade with my little brother, Ammon. It is sad to see him getting to old to want to gather candy at parades. He did look pretty cute on the horse though.
Ammon let him ride in front on the way back.
After the parade we go to the program and the kids go and play at someones house. Then they serve lunch after, but we always just go home for lunch. Then they have a football tournament, followed by the rodeo. I wish I would have had my camera so I could have taken pictures. Two of my brothers rode. Tenor ended up getting second, I think. When McKay rode all the little kids were so funny about it. None of them wanted to watch because they didn't want to watch him die. The day is finished off with a dance. We end up just staying home and visiting with family.
This has been a great family tradition for us. It is a great time to see a bunch of family and friend that I went to school with. The kids love going up for this and will for years to come.

0 comments:
Post a Comment