Father's Day!

This year we spent Father's Day weekend with my Dad.  My kids love going to see Grandpa Teichert.  He loves to tease them, especially the boys about a little girl their class.  My boys take it really well and just laugh and him and think he is funny.  My Dad really tries hard to get Mason to say more than a few words to him and he is actually getting him to talk more and more to him.
After church we went out and spent some time with my dad.  He talked with all of us that were there about a lot of different things.  I think he really had something he wanted to say to us but couldn't find the right words.  At this point in our lives it is hard to find those words.  We are trying to have faith that all will be okay with my dad and that we are going to have him with us for years to come.  There is just no way that he won't get better and beat this stinking cancer! 
We have tried to spend more time with my dad over the last few months.  Sometimes it is hard with my kids playing ball all the time.  I have told Jay sports will always be here and maybe we should do this next year and not this year.  Well the kids have done their sports and we have just tried to adjust around that so we can still make time to get up to see my dad.
After visiting with us I decided to take a picture of each of my kids and me with my Dad!
Tyler had been crying during this visit so he looks a little sad but I still wanted to have one of him with Grandpa Teichert.
Elly loves Grandpa Teichert!  She is always wanting to tell him stories and wants him to watch her do anything she can think of.
Drake is finally starting to know Grandpa.  He loves to go there and see all of them at the house.  He has started talking a lot which has been fun to see when he does it with my Dad.  Drake love Grandpa!
My Dad has always been the one I can talk to about anything.  I can cry and it's okay.  He has always seemed to understand me and has always known what to say to help me.  He can always make me laugh.  He has always given the best hugs that let you know how much he loves you.  He is the best Dad!  He has always been the best example. I want to be like my dad!
Mason was named after Grandpa Teichert.  Mason actually thought his name was Mason David Teichert up until a few months ago when I had to break the sad news to him that that wasn't his last name.  I have wished many times one of my kids could have my last name.  Mason has loves teasing my dad.  He tries not to smile when Grandpa talks to him and he can keep a pretty straight face but he normally gives in and smile especially if he or Tyler are being harassed about some girl.  My Dad has always tried to get Mason to talk and has finally succeeded in getting him to say more than a few words. 
This picture is a little better of Tyler but my Dad isn't looking so I don't like it as much.
Grandpa is always excited to hear how the kids did in their sports and asks them about how they are doing each time we come, sometimes he even calls and talks to them after.

0 comments: