These two kids are my thumb suckers. I don't like that they do it because you can't take a thumb away. They have been pretty happy babies though.
The other night I was putting Elly to bed and had Drake sitting with us. They both settled down so I could rock them and this is what happened.
They both put their thumbs in and grabbed on to Teddy. Elly can't go to bed without Teddy and she doesn't suck her thumb unless she has him. It was pretty funny to see Drake do the same thing as Elly. It has happened a few times since then. I would take Teddy but she will just find something else. I have taken her favorite blankets, known as Dee Dee, her baby and one other thing she would attached to and suck her thumb with and have finally decided it isn't worth it right now.
This isn't the first time a kid has attached to this teddy bear. Tyler got him when he was a week old and he loved that teddy bear. He went every where Tyler did and he would cry when it was time for bed if we couldn't find him. Tyler was the one who gave him the name Teddy. Tyler has been nice enough to share him with Elly. After the way Tyler was with Teddy I decided I didn't want to do that with the next so Mason never attached to anything and it was much easier to get him to sleep because he could fall asleep with any old toy. Now we are back to finding Teddy every night so a little girl can go to sleep. I am hoping that Drake won't need Teddy too.
(These pictures were taken with a phone that is why they aren't very good.)
It was cute to see them both grab on to him and settle right down with their thumbs though. I hope someday they both give up the thumb.

0 comments:
Post a Comment