So while we were down watching my kids play baseball this summer I got one of the worst phone calls you can get. My sister, Camille, called me while I was walking out of the hotel on my way to my kids game and informed me my dad had just had a stroke and was on his way to the hospital to be life flighted to Idaho Falls. Over the next couple of hours, lots of phone calls and tears later my Dad arrived at the hospital only to find out that they couldn't give him the shot because of his cancer, even though they had got him there in time. They did cat scans and MRI's and ended up deciding there was really nothing we could do but give it time and see what happened. Dad ended up losing everything on the left side, he couldn't talk or eat either.
We ended up going up to Idaho Falls after the boys semi-final game. We picked up Brock, Brooklyn and Ammon in Tremonton because they were in Logan for Youth Conference.
It was good to finally get to the hospital and get to see Dad but also so hard to see Dad like this. He could even respond to us other than he would cry and squeeze our hands. Elly would just sit by Dad and sing church songs to him. I have cried lots and lots of tears. I just can not lose my Dad! He needs to get better for all of us.
They did let us take Dad outside on Sunday for a little walk which I'm sure he liked more than sitting in the hospital.





0 comments:
Post a Comment