Welcome home

My sister came home from her mission on Thursday from Ft. Lauder dale, FL. So we decided to go up the night before since she was flying in at nine in the morning. The kids and I met my sister and her kids and my sister-in-law and her kids in Park City and did a little shopping. I was able to get Tyler's clothes for school, so that was nice. I am betting that we looked pretty crazy since each of us adults had three little kids. We had a good time together. Then we all headed to Bountiful to check in to a hotel that has a 24 hour pool. Then ran to Denny's for dinner, we actually ended up getting breakfast. Then back to the hotel so that the kids could swim. The nice thing about the pool staying open 24 hours was that we didn't have to hurry and get there before it closed. The problem was that they swam until at least 12:15, which means we didn't get them bathed and in bed until after one in the morning. They loved it though so it was worth the dark circles that I am now wearing around my eyes. We met my parents and the rest of the kids at the hotel.
The next morning we headed to the airport to get Brittny. We got there a few minutes before her plan got there. We were talking about what we should do when she got off the plane. We talked about that while we waited and waited. I asked if we were in the right terminal and it turned out that we weren't. We were waiting in the wrong terminal for 35 minutes for Britttny, while she was in the other terminal searching for us with tears on her face thinking that we forgot about her. It was pretty sad. I have wished that we could do that morning all over because we were so excited to she her. I hope that she forgives us for that. It was sad to see her crying instead of her happy.

After we found her and her lost bag she was a little happier. I know that I would have cried if I was her. We were missing Mckay's family, Camille's family and Jay and John.

After we got Brittny we took the kids to my aunts house to be tended by the older kids and then the adults went to the Bountiful temple together. We had a great time together with Brittny.

She had her welcome home on Sunday in both wards there. We are glad to have you home Brittny and we love you. Sorry we weren't there when you got off the plane.

3 comments:

The Martinez Fam said...

That is the saddest get-off-the-plane story I have ever heard!!! I'm glad you finally found each other!:)

Randi said...

My mom told me about that little story. Poor Brit! She looks great and I am proud of her!

Nacey family said...

You guys have a great family.