First Day of school

Tyler had his first day on school on Friday, August 28. I have dreaded this day for along time. I am not ready to send my boy off to school. It is a test to see if you have taught them all they need to know. I am scared to see that I have probably failed. I am hoping that he is nice and a good kid.
Tyler has been very excited for school to start. I was hoping that when he found out he had to have four shots so he could go to school that this might make him have a change of heart, but it didn't. He got those done and never even got tears in his eyes. He thought that it was great picking out school clothes. He has just been waiting for this day to come.
So the first day of school arrived and I told him that I might cry when I dropped him off for school. He then tells me I don't need to cry it is only three hours and he will be back and that he has to go to school so that he can get smarter.

Tyler was funny when he was getting dressed he told me that his teacher will probably think that he is a football player because of the shirt he was wearing. We picked that shirt out for when we go and watch my brother play football. He loves this shirt.

Mason was sad when we were walking back out to the car without Tyler. Mason said, "Mom why are we just leaving Tyler?"



Well I didn't cry. I felt like it when he turned to me with a big smile and waved goodbye to me. It might seem weird that I would feel like crying but I love to have my kids with me even though some days they drive me crazy. They bring a lot of joy into my life.

He had a great first day and can't wait to go back on Monday.

3 comments:

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

Ditto, Amber. Hope he enjoys school. He is so lucky to have a mom like you. :)

Randi said...

Oh! He is so cute! And such a tough boy! Can you believe how time flies? I know you are a good mom and you've taught him plenty! Don't feel bad about wanting to cry I think Garrett is lucky to be alive on some days, but I still get sad thinking about him going to preschool tomorrow.

Taffy and Tony said...

It is a crazy feeling that we're to this point in life. I'm sure you have him well-prepared, though. He'll do great, and I'm sure we'll adjust, too.