Swimming lessons

After two years of saying that I was going to put the boys in swimming lessons I finally got it done.  Tyler and Mason both got to be in the same class so that was really nice to only have to go and sit during one.  I was very surprised at how much they learned in the nine lessons that they had.  Tyler was able to pass level one off, he had to swim acrossed the pool and back without any help and jump off the diving board.  Mason did pretty good to he just isn't strong enough to make it all the way acrossed the pool yet.  Mason has just started his second lesson and is loving that Tyler isn't in his class, I think it makes him feel like he is a big kid. 
Mason loves it and can finally make it the whole swimming lesson without having to get out and get warm.   He gets cold so easy and his little lips would be purple.  I was glad that I didn't have to get in that water.
These are of Tyler jumping off the edge, getting one of his breaths on his way to the other side...
and getting ready to swim back.
Tyler showing off his tricks on the diving board to his dad, who came to watch them one day.
Mason has no fear he went right up on the driving board and jumped off.  His teacher is there for them when they come up and then she has them swim back to the edge.  Today in class Mason jumped off with her being at the edge.  So he jumped off and then swam back over to the egde to her.  I am so surprised at how fast they can learn things.  He still has a lot to learn but he is doing pretty good.
Tyler is excited to get to move up to the next level and I am thinking that I should probably take the class with him or he is going to be a better swimmer than me.  I have love going and watching them learn to swim and seeing how excited they are when they do it right.

0 comments: