The waiting is OVER!!

On Monday we had a Dr. appointment first thing in the morning.  They told me I was dialated to a 4 1/2 and at 80% and the baby was really low.  The Dr. on call told them not to send me home but to have we walk around for awhile and then bring me in later to see if things had changed.  Then they would monitor me for a little while and if the Dr. okayed it they would start me.  When they called me to have me come in to get monitored I had changed so they watched the contractions for about an hour and then decided I was at a five and a half and they weren't sending me home like that.  So we started the IV about 5:30 and the baby was here at 9:47.  I thought that they had me on pitocin the whole time but they never did give it to me.  I was very glad they didn't send me home because who know when or where we would have had a baby.    
 I am very against these kind of pictures of myself but since I don't have any of my like this with this baby I had Tyler take one of me when we were heading up to the hospital.
At 9:47pm we had a little boy.  I was a little surprised because I thought we might get a girl but the last few days I started to think it was going to be a boy.  He was 7 lbs. 8 oz. and 19 1/2 in. long.  He came out face up so he was a little bruised that night but looked better the next day.
Jay with his little boy.
 
 Moments after delivery.  (You have to love those pictures.)
 This is right after he wes born before they had taken him to get cleaned up.
 After getting a bath.  He looks like he is chubby but he really isn't.  The only part of him that is at all chubby is his face.
 My dad and mom came down to help with the kids.  The kids loved it because Grandma and Grandpa took them back to our hotel and swam with them for three hours.  The kids were so tired that Grandpa and Grandma couldn't wake them up to come up to the hospital to see the baby when he was born, so they came up the next morning.  I was very glad to have my parents come and help with the kids.

 Mason holding his new little brother.  The kids were all wanting a new sister but they have been just as happy with a little brother.  Mason told me he wanted a sister so that he wouldn't have to play with Elly.
 Jay and the kids.
 Our four kids.  I can't believe that I have four kids sometimes, but I love them all so much.
 Our little family at the hospital just waiting for them to let us go home.
 Tyler with his little brother.
 Me and my little kids.
 Elly was really cute with him.  She kept kissing him and touching his checks and saying "so cute."
 Our little Drake D Stilson


We are so excited to finally have Drake here and healthy.  So far he has been a really good baby.  We are only a few days into this but he is so fun to have.  It is crazy how fast you can love somebody.  I love having a new baby in my house.  I love the way they smell and they have the cutest little cry.  This cute little guy has two dimples like Mason.  He didn't look like our kids at first but he has started to look more like them with each day.

7 comments:

Shannon Beeton Johansen said...

I just wanted to let you know that you look great! Your little boy is so cute. Congrats!

Randi said...

Congratulations again! He's a cute baby!

Taffy and Tony said...

Congratulations! He's a little cutie. And I'm really glad you were able to have him in the hospital. :) (I have to say I'm a little upset with my mom, though, that I just now found out about this reading your blog!)

Nacey family said...

You look stinkin' good for just having a baby.
Congratulations!

Violet Rose said...

Taffy's comment and my comment will solidify just HOW bad we Teicherts are at communicating...I didn't know you were even having a baby until Rodney came over about two weeks ago and said you were having a baby that Sunday! Geez...I'm outta the loop. Congratulations!! He sure is a cutie, Amber. Ya did good! ;-)

Shari Davis said...

Yeah, i didn't know you were pregnant until I saw Savannah announced on facebook that you had had him. Congratulations! You've some cute kiddos!!!

Camille said...

Yeah! You posted a just before baby picture! I love those! Cute LITTLE tummy!