Temples

The kids learned the song, "I love to see the temple" in primary so we have been singing it a lot lately.  Elly loves this song.  She always wants me to sing it to her when she takes a nap or goes to bed for the night.  I think she was a little confused about what a temple is because she said to me with a questioning face, "a temple is a body"?  I think she has heard people say your body is a temple... so she was confused in the song when it says a holy place.  I explained to her that it was a special building and showed her a picture of the temple.  Now she wants to see the picture when I sing to her.  Whenever she sees a church she yells out, "a temple."  So we tell her no it's a church.  She asked me the other day where a the temple was.  Lucky for her I was planning on going to the temple that week so I told her she could go with me and see the temple.  She was so excited about this all week.  She picked out her prettiest dress and was so good while I did her hair.  On the drive over she kept saying,"I can't see the temple mom."
When we finally got to where I knew she would be able to see it I told her where to look.  She had to tell Mason where it was and ask him if he could see it.  She was so excited about it. 
While I went in she stayed out with her uncles and cousins.  When we got out my sister took her inside the doors so she could see in the temple.  Since I was feeding Drake I didn't get to see what she thought but she must have liked it because she has talked about going to the temple a lot since then.  I hope that she is always this excited about the temple.
All of the cousins that were at the temple that day.


I took a picture of her with the temple so we can print it and hang it on her wall for her.



She is a cute little girl with lots of questions to ask and lots of things to talk about. 

Mason and Drake went with us to the temple this day too.  Tyler stayed to go to school.  Mason would have stayed too but he wasn't feeling good so I didn't want to send him or leave him with a babysitter.
All my family that was at the temple this day minus my dad and brother.  This was at the Manti temple.

2 comments:

Randi said...

that is so sweet! what a good idea to hang the picture in her room. Drake is getting so big!

Taffy and Tony said...

What great pictures! I need to take my girls to the temple! Thanks for your example.