Elly's First Gymnastics meet

I decided to let Elly try doing a gymnastics meet.  They have three events they compete in.  She started with the trampoline.  She did a level one and did really well.  She was really excited to do this.  Her and a little friend of her stayed right with each other the whole time.
The next event was the floor.  She did a level two on this.  I think she did pretty good but we need to work on the back rolls.  She was still having fun at this point.  
When it came time for the double mini she had had enough.  Her three events were all right after the other and I don't know why but she didn't want to do the last one.  Me being the mean mom that I am told her she needed to do it because I paid for it.  She went back to do her first try and walked all the way to the double mini stepped on it did her jump and jumped off all the while sucking on her fingers.  Then she turned to go back to the back of the line to wait for her next turn all with such attitude I wasn't very happy.  I went over and we had one of those fun talks you have with kids.  When it came her turn to go the next time she ran and did it like nothing was ever wrong.  Kids! 
She ended up taking first in all three things and was so happy she wanted to hurry and get home because the boys were going to be so proud of her for getting three gold medals.
She said she loved it and wants to do it again.  
Drake and I were the only ones there to see her get her medals because Tyler had a basketball game and Jay is his coach.  They came and watched her do the tramp and then Mason went with them to Tyler's game.  Tenor was down for a visit so he went with the boys too.
Cute little kids!  It was fun to watch her.  She is getting to be pretty good and she loves it.

0 comments: