State Pee Wee Wrestling

At the end of our wrestling season the coach told the kids about a state meet they could go to if they wanted to.  Tyler and Mason both wanted to go.  They whole way there I was getting nervous for them.  I was mostly worried that something might happen to make them not like wrestling anymore.   Luckily that didn't happen.  
When we got there Tyler lost his first match, but didn't let that get him down.  The next two he wrestled he was pretty serious about it and if he saw the score and say that he was losing he would work even harder.  He did really good.  He ended up taking third place which I thought was really good.
Mason won his first three matches.  He was so funny about it.  He wouldn't even leave the mat.  He stayed right there because he didn't want to miss his and he wanted to watch all of the other kids wrestle.  His last match he lost and both kids were in tears by the end of the match because it was so close.  It took Mason a good ten minutes to realize it was okay and that he wrestled his best.
They both did really well, but we decided they need to learn more then the two moves they know.
Tyler with his third place medal. 
Mason with his second place medal.
The boys both loved it so I am sure we will be doing this again next year.

0 comments: