Pumpkins!

This year I found a great surprise on day when the kids had gone to school.  I walked out back to shut the fence and found this.
A giant pumpkin patch had grown behind our fence.  Every year when we carve pumpkins we just toss the seeds out behind the fence.  Thanks to all the rain we had this summer one few of the seeds grew without any help from us.  When I found the plant I pulled all the weeds around it and we watered it.  The kids were so excited when they got home from school and I showed it to them.
It had three really good sized pumpkins on it and a few more we were hoping would keep growing so we would at least get four.
The kids checked on it almost everyday to see how it was growing and then to see if it had turned orange.
The kids with their pumpkins.  Tyler's weighed 31 pounds and Mason's 25 pounds and Elly's we 16 pounds.
We only ended up with three so we had to buy on for Drake.
I love carving pumpkins so we do it every year.  Here are the four pumpkins we carved before the carving.
 The kids always have to take their shirts off for this activity because when they reach into clean out the pumpkins they get so gross.  It was good to have Jay here to help me with it this year.
 Our finished pumpkins.  Drakes cute pumpkin is him with two teeth and little hairs sticking straight up.  Elly's the trick or treat, Mason's the ghost with Boo in it and Tyler's is a scarecrow.
 Our kids and their pumpkins.  I thought it was fun but Jay needed some convincing.

1 comments:

Christy Cummings said...

It is so fun to see updates on your little family. Your kids are adorable.